For the beginning trader, here are some thoughts and ideas for the first steps of your journey. For a developing trader, or for the successful trader, here is an invitation to take a few steps back and look at everything with beginner’s eyes. Here are the show notes for episode 1 of 2:
Who is this blog for? Everyone, but you’ll get something different out of it.
What do we mean by trading/investing
- Not separate activities–there is not the division we often assume
- Investing: longer timeframe
- Active trading shorter timeframe
- Advantages to both long and short holding periods
- Daytrading is hard
- “swing trading”
- Long-term swing trading
What you need (eventually)
- Ability to apply edge with discipline
What you need (to get there)
- Right attitude
- Learning skills (ability to learn)
- Quantitative skills
If you enjoy the podcast, one of the very best things you can do for me is to leave me a review on iTunes here.
Also, if you like the music for this podcast, then be sure to check out Brian Ashley Jones, my friend, and a fantastic singer-songwriter.
Enjoy the show: