If you read my previous post, you know that I’m in the final stages of launching a new company and slightly new direction for my business. I know that many of my readers are fantastically skilled, and talented, and I thought I’d offer some of you to be a part of this venture, particularly those of you with strong graphic design skillz.
Specifically, we need a logo design for the new company. Let me share a few thoughts:
- The company name will be MarketLife. (The same name I’ve used for my podcast for years.)
- The driving idea is that we are striving for excellence in all aspects of our life and human experience, through our involvement with financial markets. Strong emphasis on probabilities and a scientific approach, but, as you know from reading my work, there’s also a subjective, “artistic” aspect, as well.
- The logo will be used online, possibly in print, and certainly in video splash screens.
- I would lean toward simple, strong ideas. Color palette is primarily blues (see swatch above), with red and grey accents.
- The logo can be text-based, or could include readily recognizable market elements (e.g. bull/bear motifs, wave-type imagery, chart-derived patterns, etc.)
- Send your camera ready submissions to adamhgrimes+logo at gmail dot com with the subject line “Logo submission”. Any graphic format is ok, but we may ask for high res artwork (uncompressed tif, .psd, .ai, etc.) if we decide to use the idea. If you are unable to supply these formats, that does not disqualify your submission!
- (“Camera ready” is to discourage you from sending me snaps of doodles on a bar napkin!)
- If you wish, include a sentence or two of clarifying text about the ideas behind the logo.
- Submit as many as you wish.
- Submissions should be received by end of business 8/9/17.
If we use your idea:
- I will send you a copy of my book, The Art and Science of Trading. If you already have a copy (and I hope you do!) then I’ll find something else nice to do for you.
- The winner will also receive 2 hours of private coaching/consultation with me, to be scheduled/used at your discretion in half hour or full hour time blocks. We can cover details of your trading, psychology, or anything else… and I am pretty sure I can help you whether you are a rank beginner who has yet to play his/her first trade, or if you’re a seasoned professional.
Thank you, and I look forward to seeing your work in my inbox!